Network Security Presales Engineer
Provide pre-sales technical support to strategic enterprise customers within the defined territory to drive sales of products and services. Successful candidate will possess a solid understanding of IP networks as well as network security, security regulatory compliance and best practices; will possess a detailed understanding of the security products and technologies from and competitors; will have extensive experience in the enterprise network industry; will have proven technical sales skills; will enjoy learning about new technologies autonomously and on the fly; and will be able to work independently under minimum supervision. Strong communication and presentation skills are a must. Enterprise Account and Channel partner sales experience are required.
Desired background and requirements:
- A high sense of urgency and deep interest in serving the customer
- Hands on functional understanding of multiple firewalls platforms to include:
- Check Point Firewall-1, Provider-1, and VSX
- Cisco FWSM, PIX, CSM, ASA, routers and switches
- Juniper Firewalls and NSM
- Fortinet Fortigate
- Palo Alto
- Blue Coat
- A deep current and historical understanding of firewall and security architecture
- Hands on functional understanding of supporting technologies such as SSH, LDAP, Active Directory, Radius, TACACS, SIEM, and event correlation
- Hands on functional understanding of parallel technologies such as VMware, SSL VPNs. Knowledge of Change Management Systems is a plus
- Ability to travel
- Meet or exceed quarterly and yearly product/service sales goals
- Provide technical pre-sales support to various entities for the purpose of promoting and selling products/services. Entities include: potential customers, existing customers, partners, and resellers. Pre-sales activities will also include close interaction with internal groups such as product management, marketing, R&D and post sales support
- Provide technical leadership to enterprise customers through a range of pre sales support functions including, supporting product evaluations, pre-sales technical consultation, post-sales support advocacy, and proactive needs analysis.
- Deliver technical presentations tailored for technical and non-technical audiences ranging from Firewall admins to executive and C-Level.
- Deliver consistent product training, technology updates, release updates, and roadmap information.