Manager Urban Technology Protection – City of Toronto
City Division: Office of the Chief Information Security Officer
Work Location: 55 John Street, Toronto
Job Type & Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: $128,728.60 to $151,299.20
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 40 hours work week
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Closing: May 3, 2021
The City of Toronto is looking for a Manager Urban Technology Protection for the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer reporting to the Director Urban Technology Protection.
To provide senior-level strategic and tactical guidance to the Director Office of the Chief Information Security Officer as well as the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) in the execution of its mandate to establish and maintain a City-wide cyber program to ensure the City is adequately protected.
To provide leadership, guidance, and manage the design and implementation of a cyber strategy that supports Industrial Control Systems, IoT, OT, and Emerging technologies that set the direction for information security across the organization.
To administer the unit’s financial and administrative responsibilities including the operating budget process, monitoring spending, and revenues, and directing the unit’s cyber information technology program services, communications, human resources planning and decisions, quality assurance, and staff training.
To collaborate with other segments of the organization to manage City-wide cyber initiatives.
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering or Technology or a related discipline.
- Over 7 years of senior-level experience in Information Security.
- Extensive experience at a senior management level leading the development and maintenance of an enterprise-wide program or strategy.
- Extensive experience with Industrial Control Systems, PLCs, SCADA Systems, emerging technologies (e.g. Election Technologies, Autonomous Vehicles, 5G, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Sensing)
- Extensive expertise in IoT and IT/OT integration and convergence.
- Extensive experience preparing comprehensive reports and presentations for all levels of an organization.
- Experience leading transformative multi-year programs.
- Preferred Certifications (any in the list): CISSP, CISM, CCSP
Find the detailed job responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and other information here.
A normal workweek is 40 hours, however, unforeseen situations may require extended hours of work with little or no prior notice. In case of a cyber incident or breach, rotation shift, continuous extended hours may be required with little or no prior notice.
*Subject to a police check, background check, psychological assessment, and/or any other checks on a regular basis as the Office of the CISO handles highly sensitive and confidential information.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.