City Division: Office of the Chief Information Security Officer
Report To: Manager Strategy & Architecture
Work Location: 55 John Street, Toronto
Job Type & Duration: Permanent Full Time
Salary: $110,947.20 to $130,353.60
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 Hours per Week
The City of Toronto is looking for a Senior Specialist Cyber Architecture reporting to the Manager Strategy & Architecture.
To support the execution of the Chief Information Security Officer’s (CISO) mandate, cyber vision and strategy, providing technical and business advice, support and services to all City divisions, agencies and corporations.
To define, develop and support cyber programs and initiatives, engaging with teams across the organization to build alignment on key projects and develop execution roadmaps.
To provide subject matter expertise, strategic advice, senior level guidance and operational support for Cyber Architecture area within the Cyber Diplomacy & Governance section.
- Post-secondary degree in Technology or a related discipline.
- Over 6 years experience in Cyber Architecture.
- In-depth knowledge of architectural design and implementation methodologies including software, network and infrastructure.
- Excellent understanding of data centre technologies including network, compute, storage, virtualization, containers and enterprise application stacks.
- Excellent understanding of the cyber-kill chain model and associated technologies, and detection/mitigation techniques such as firewalls, traffic scrubbing, signature-based detection and 0-day detection.
- Expertise in performing threat modeling exercise and security control design analysis
- Proficient in building and maintaining documented target security architectures, roadmaps, blueprints, patterns, and standards
- Extensive experience with common information security management frameworks, such as International Standards Organization (ISO) 27001, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) cybersecurity framework and other leading edge security frameworks.
Find the detailed job responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and other information here.
A normal work week is 35 hours, however, unforeseen situation may require extended hours of work with little or no prior notice. In case of a cyber incident or breach, rotation shift, continuous extended hours may be required with little or no prior notice.
*Subject to a police check, background check, psychological assessment and/or any other checks on a regular basis as the Office of the CISO handles highly sensitive and confidential information.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.