Division: Office of the Chief Information Security Officer
Reports To : Manager Governance, Risk & Compliance
Salary Range: $110,947.20 to $130,353.60
Work Location: 55 John Street, Toronto
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours work week
No. of Positions: 2
The City of Toronto is looking for a Senior Specialist Risk Management reporting to the Manager Governance, Risk & Compliance.
Risk Assurance is the internal process or methodology the Office of the CISO (OC) employs to create ‘checks’ within the City of Toronto’s governance and risk frameworks. The main focus of the risk assurance practice is to ensure cyber risks are effectively managed.
In this role, the Senior Specialist Risk Management will ensure that all risks identified, during risk assessment processes, are assigned to risk owners, Risk Treatment Plans (RTP) are developed and signed by key stakeholders. In addition, RTPs are monitored, control owners identified, and controls effectiveness are addressed. Further, the Senior Specialist Risk Management will work with key cybersecurity partners such as the City’s Internal Audit Division, Technology Services Division, and Auditor General’s Office to ensure cybersecurity related audit findings are effectively closed.
- Post-secondary degree in Business or Technology or a related discipline.
- Over 6 years experience in Risk Management, primarily focused on Risk Assurance/IT audit practices
- Extensive experience with Risk and Issue Management lifecycle including Identifying, Analyzing, Evaluating, Treating, Monitoring, and Reviewing risks.
- Extensive experience conducting IT audits and with various audit management tools
- Extensive experience in enterprise level Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) management.
- Experience with various GRC tools and processes, and in particular, implementation of GRC tools
- Extensive experience conducting Third Party Risk Assessments
- Preferred Certifications (at least two in the list): CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC
- Experience with Cyber Risk Management Framework (CRMF) especially ISO 27001, and NIST SP 800-37 R2 Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Knowledge of elements of risk, including vulnerability, threat, likelihood, impact, mitigation, and remediation
Find the detailed job responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and other information here.
A normal work week is 35 hours, however, unforeseen situation may require extended hours of work with little or no prior notice. In case of a cyber incident or breach, rotation shift, continuous extended hours may be required with little or no prior notice.
*Subject to a police check, background check, psychological assessment and/or any other checks on a regular basis as the Office of the CISO handles highly sensitive and confidential information.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.